Moving outdoors to the natural habitat!

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Eco-chic Lifestyle Change Week 6: Weekly Update

MY SMART GOAL

My SMART goal was to use a reusable water bottle instead of plastic bottles. It was very unhealthy that I was reusing plastic water bottles that I would keep buying in stores. Not only for my own health, but for the health of the environment.


"I will use an aluminum water bottle 100% of the time 7 days a week for the next 10 weeks"

SUCCESSES AND CHALLENGES

I remembered to bring my water bottle to work with me last week on Wednesday and Thursday, which was very good. I took my bottle hunting with me and had it for my two and a half hour drive, and I even brought it out to the woods with me! It was very useful when I got thirsty out in the woods. I caved and bought a bottle of pop for my drive back to Duluth. I was craving carbonation and sugar, and I had gotten up at 4:30 each morning to get out in the woods before dawn, so I felt I was in need of caffeine for my drive home. Once I was done with that, I returned to my water bottle. On Tuesday this week, I forgot to bring my bottle with me again to work, but the rest of the week is looking up. I will keep it by my purse at all times to make sure I don't forget!

FEELINGS

I'm still feeling decent about my goal. I liked having it out in the woods with me over the weekend. I also had it by my bedside at the hotel each night. I might have to get another bottle to keep in my locker at work so I can stop worrying about forgetting to bring my bottle from home each time! I'll see how the rest of my work week goes. If I keep remembering it, I'll stick to my current plan.

PLANS FOR NEXT WEEK...

I will be keeping my goal the same. If I can't keep remembering to bring my bottle to work, I'll buy another bottle to keep in my locker, so I don't have to worry about forgetting all the time!

Blogged for the Eco-Chic Lifestyle Change Week 6 hosted by Amy@Eco-Chic With Amy.

3 comments: