Moving outdoors to the natural habitat!

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Eco-chic Lifestyle Change Week 8: Weekly Update

MY SMART GOAL
My SMART goal is to use a reusable water bottle instead of plastic bottles. It is very unhealthy for the environment and for me to be using plastic water bottles over and over.

"I will use a reusable water bottle 100% of the time 7 days a week for the next 10 weeks"

SUCCESSES AND CHALLENGES

I've still been remembering to bring my bottle to work! I haven't forgotten since I last updated and I'm doing very well with it. I don't really give in to drinking pop when I have my bottle full of water. I am now back home for Thanksgiving and I had my bottle next to me in my car for the 2 hour drive. The only thing was that I gave in and filled it with pop instead of water. I wanted something with a little flavor and there was a 2-liter of soda in my fridge so I just used it. But since I've been home I've been using it for water, especially next to my bed like usual.

FEELINGS

I'm feeling really good about my goal. I've been remembering to bring it to more places, more often. It's very useful when I have it around and I know I didn't just waste money on it. I feel really good about that. I don't like to spend money, unless it's something I will actually use. I like how it's been going. I know that I'll keep using it even after the complete ten weeks is up. It's just a habit now :)

PLANS FOR NEXT WEEK...

Definitely going to keep my goal the same. I like how it's going and I know I will keep remembering it. Once I get into the habit of something, I usually keep at it. Most definitely going to bring it to work with me for Black Friday. I will be exhausted that day!


Blogged for the Eco-Chic Lifestyle Change Week 8 hosted by Amy@Eco-Chic With Amy.

1 comment:

  1. I have found I have been spending a lot less because I haven't been spending money on pop. It's cool that we can put a lot of different liquids in our water bottles :)

    ReplyDelete