Moving outdoors to the natural habitat!

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Eco-chic Lifestyle Change Week 5: Weekly Update

MY SMART GOAL


My SMART goal was to use a reusable water bottle instead of plastic bottles. It was very unhealthy that I was reusing plastic water bottles that I would keep buying in stores. Not only for my own health, but for the health of the environment.


"I will use an aluminum water bottle 100% of the time 7 days a week for the next 10 weeks"

SUCCESSES AND CHALLENGES


My goal is going good still, I keep remembering to bring my bottle with me to school, working out, and when I'm driving. One part I need to work on is remembering to bring it to work with me, so I don't have to keep reusing plastic cups to drink water out of. The first day I brought it to work, I forgot it in my car! The next day, I just completely forgot it. But the last time I worked, I remembered to bring it and I kept it in my locker to drink while on my break. I was really craving pop, but I didn't give in. At my work, we have a fountain pop just like the picture here, and I have to work right next to this machine so it's hard to not give in but I've been doing great! I wanted to put my water bottle to good use. It worked out great.

FEELINGS

I'm feeling pretty decent about my goal, although I wish I was better at remembering to bring it to work. I think I'll be better about it from now on. Now that I actually brought it once, it will be easier for me to remember. Just have to get into the habit.

PLANS FOR NEXT WEEK...

I will be keeping my goal the same. I'm going to keep bringing it to school with me to drink during classes and working out. I'm going hunting this weekend, and it will be almost a 3 hour drive to where I'm going, so I will definitely have it with me while driving! I'm going to bring it into the woods with me as well to keep hydrated during the day. I will most likely have a mug with hot chocolate in it as well to keep with me. Also going to work hard at remembering to bring it to work with me to drink on my breaks!

Blogged for the Eco-Chic Lifestyle Change Week 5 hosted by Amy@Eco-Chic With Amy.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous you are going hunting! I have always wanted to go! But yes remember you water bottle! ;-) Can't wait to hear how you do. Opening weekend I believe and if the deer are as crazy as they are in town, you are bound to get some out of town! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear you are still doing good! I feel like I am staying muuch more hydrated now that I have a re-usable water bottle!

    ReplyDelete