Moving outdoors to the natural habitat!

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Eye Opener: Photo Essay

For my photo essay, I decided to show things that I do to TRY and be a little more environmentally friendly.

Things such as unplugging things when they aren't in use. I didn't always do this, but I am slowly learning. I especially unplug chargers when they aren't in use, like phone, computer, and camera battery chargers.















Using up old plastic bags as garbage bags
















Separating our garbage and recycling



Recycling aluminum separately from the rest of our recycling

My roommates and I are saving up all of our cans and are going to bring them to the place where they take aluminum and exchange it for money. We are going to use that money to help with our bills.

And finally, as you've seen from my SMART Goal, I use reusable water bottles. I have completely quit buying water in plastic bottles.


I also walk to and from school everyday, but I didn't get a chance to take a picture of it. It's great exercise, and I don't pollute the air with my car! Also saves a ton of money by not buying a parking pass or fuel as often.

This class has definitely opened my eyes to notice the small things I do and don't do that can affect the environment.



MckLinky Blog Hop

2 comments: