Moving outdoors to the natural habitat!

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Eco-chic Lifestyle Change Week 3: Weekly Update

MY SMART GOAL

My SMART goal was to use a reusable water bottle instead of plastic bottles. I reused plastic water bottles beforehand, and realized I needed to change. Not only for my own health, but for the health of the environment.
"I will use an aluminum water bottle or coffee mug 100% of the time 7 days a week for the next 10 weeks"


SUCCESSES AND CHALLENGES
 
 My goal has been going great and I'm doing a pretty good job. I take my new bottle with me almost everywhere. It's hard at work because I work in a cafe and for safety purposes, we can't have any of our own foods or even water bottles inside the cafe, so I have to use a small plastic cup to drink out of. I do keep it in my locker and use it for each break, but I throw it away at the end of my shift. I still keep my bottle next to my bed at night to drink out of as well.
 
FEELINGS
 
Normally, I think of a "water bottle" containing only water, but I've had a cold for the past week and I bought a couple gallons of orange juice. So everyday before I leave for school, I fill my bottle up with orange juice. I think the inside of the bottle is stained yellow now. Oh well! My cold is getting better and I'm still using my bottle for nearly everything. I like the changes I have made and hope to keep them going even after the ten weeks is up! I'm sure I will!

Blogged for the Eco-Chic Lifestyle Change Week 3 hosted by Amy@Eco-Chic With Amy.

2 comments:

  1. Very smart to use it for orange juice though! Hope you get better and hope the orange washes off! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats a good idea! Glad to hear it is going well for you!

    ReplyDelete