Moving outdoors to the natural habitat!

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Eco-chic Lifestyle Change Week 4: Weekly Update

MY SMART GOAL


My SMART goal was to use a reusable water bottle instead of plastic bottles. It was very unhealthy that I was reusing plastic water bottles that I would keep buying in stores. Not only for my own health, but for the health of the environment.

"I will use an aluminum water bottle 100% of the time 7 days a week for the next 10 weeks"

SUCCESSES AND CHALLENGES

My goal has been going very good and I'm doing a good job at remembering my water bottle everytime I go to school. I take my new bottle with me many places. The orange juice stains are starting to fade too! It's still hard at work because I work in a cafe and we can't have any of our own foods or even water bottles inside the cafe, so I have to use a small plastic cup to drink out of. I do keep it in my locker and use it for each break, but I throw it away at the end of my shift. I didn't really think about it, but I think I need to start bringing my water bottle to work and keep THAT in my locker for on my breaks instead of using plastic cups over and over. I will definitely start that change today at work! I bring it with me when I work out and I keep my bottle on my desk next to my bed from the second I get home from school so it's always where I can find it when I'm thirsty!

FEELINGS

I'm happy with the changes that I've made, and I'm glad to still find things I can change, such as bringing it to work and keeping it in my locker during each shift. I look forward to finding new things to keep using it for!

PLANS FOR NEXT WEEK...

I'm going to continue to bring it with me to school and working out. I will also keep it by my bed as usual. I plan on bringing it to work with me also from now on so hopefully I can remember to keep that up! I'll let you know how it went next week!!

Blogged for the Eco-Chic Lifestyle Change Week 4 hosted by Amy@Eco-Chic With Amy.

3 comments:

  1. You're doing great in finding new ways to bring your water bottle with you. Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all know water bottles are wasteful and bad for the environment, yet their production is growing rapidly everywhere. Just 20 years ago the market for plastic water bottles was practically nonexistent, but today we produce billions of these completely unnecessary products. There can be only one sane response, plastic water bottles must be banned!

    http://www.selfdestructivebastards.com/2009/10/water-bottle-manifesto.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear it is going well for you! Fun to hear different ways to use it. You are giving me some good ideas (I have the same SMART goal) :)

    ReplyDelete