Moving outdoors to the natural habitat!

Monday, October 26, 2009

Eye Opener: Environmental Working Group

I looked up Avon True Color Blush on the Environmental Working Group website. It has an 8 out of 10 high hazard. I never knew a simple powder could be so dangerous! It says that ingredients in this product are linked to: Cancer; developmental/reproductive toxicity; violations, restrictions, and warnings; allergies/immunotoxicity; and other concerns for ingredients used in this product are: Neurotoxicity, Endocrine disruption, Persistence and bioaccumulation, Organ system toxicity (non-reproductive), Multiple, additive exposure sources, Irritation (skin, eyes, or lungs), Enhanced skin absorption, Contamination concerns, Occupational hazards, and Biochemical or cellular level changes. WOW! I'm glad I chose a product that I very rarely use, because I'm a little scared to use it again! I'm sure it's ok to use if you use it as little as I do, which is maybe 4 times a year. It makes me want to look up all of the makeup products I use. I can't believe these products contain so many toxic things and can have that much of an effect on our bodies! I would love to use this website to look up products before I use them, and use it to help me find safer cosmetic products!

2 comments:

  1. wow, who knew blush could be such a high hazardous product? It's crazy to think of all the things that are hazardous to our environment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good thing you don't use it very often! Crazy stuff!!

    ReplyDelete