Moving outdoors to the natural habitat!

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Share and Voice 6: One on one with nature

Last weekend, I joined my dad and brother in Bemidji to deer hunt on opening weekend. I always look forward to getting out of town to spend some time in the quiet woods with no distractions. Kind of my escape from reality for a couple days. Unfortunately, I saw no deer. But I got a chance to enjoy nature and take some pictures of things I saw, so I thought I might share them with you!

This picture is my view from my treestand looking south. The tree in the foreground has marks on it from porcupines and birds. The bark is eaten right off! In the background, the two tall trees are where my dad's old treestand sits. The tree on the left is leaning so far that it pretty much pulled the stand right apart! One of the trees that holds up my stand is quite similar, but not as bad quite yet. It got to be very windy out in those woods, and I felt like the trees were gonna pull MY stand apart! But thankfully, nothing happened to it and I was safe.


Here is a closer view of the porcupine marks. Kinda cool lookin!


This is a blue jay that NEVER went away. Very pretty bird, but when he was hopping around in the leaves it would make me think it was a deer walking! It was fun to just sit watch him though :)


And finally, the beautiful sunset I got to sit and watch. One of the most peaceful things to do.


It was so nice to sit outside for 10 hours and just take it all in. Fresh air, birds chirping, and just the sounds of nature. One of the most relaxing things I have done in a really long time!

2 comments:

  1. wow! looks like you had a great time! Cool pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very cool! I wish I had family members that hunted! Pictures are great!!

    ReplyDelete