Moving outdoors to the natural habitat!

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Eco-chic Lifestyle Change Week 10: Overall Project Reflection

MY SMART GOAL

My SMART Goal was to use a reusable water bottle instead of plastic water bottles. I was tired of having so many plastic bottles around my house and in my room. I bought a reusable bottle to carry around with me to class, work, driving, working out, and for just around the house. My goal was: "I will use a reusable water bottle everyday for the next ten weeks". I didn't make any changes to my goal, but I almost bought another bottle to have for at work so I would stop forgetting to bring it.

SUCCESSES AND CHALLENGES

I did really well with my goal for the most part. I always remembered to bring it to class. When I started my walk to school, I always had my bottle in my hand. Not in my backpack, but in my hand where I knew I would use it. It was tough at times, because I would leave for work but forget my bottle at home. I only forgot maybe 2 or 3 times, but even so, I would have to use a plastic cup to drink out of, which I didn't like at all. I may possibly get another bottle to keep in my locker at work, that way I don't have to worry about forgetting it at home!

BENEFITS

Before beginning this project, I didn't really know much about plastic, and how bad it really is for the environment, and for my own health. Reusing a regular plastic bottle can have bad health effects. By using a reusable bottle, I save money, and reduce the amount of plastic being used and trashed on the planet. Although I do recycle, it is still possible for my plastic to get elsewhere.

CONTINUE BEHAVIOR?

I am most definitely continuing to use my bottle. It has become a habit and I'm proud of it. It is convenient, healthy, and simple. Something so small can change the environment so much. People see others making the trend of buying reusable bottles and it can influence them to do the same. I know it has influenced me!

RECOMMENDATIONS

My recommendations to someone making a lifestyle change would be to just keep with it. If you need to make changes, then make changes. Learn as you go. Educate and encourage others to change for the better. It really does make a difference!

Blogged for the Eco-Chic Lifestyle Change Week 10 hosted by Amy@Eco-Chic with Amy.

1 comment:

  1. Very good goal to choose. You did well overall and you can easily continue this behavior since you bought your water bottle!

    ReplyDelete